· While it is always advisable to carry enough extra clothing, washing the dirty clothes regularly will ensure that campers do not have to carry back a heavy burden of unclean laundry. It is also advisable to carry along a set of small clothespins and a clothesline to ensure that no clothes are lost while being sun dried.
· One of the major issues faced by campers is the pain and irritation of mosquito bites. Even though most campers habitually carry an anti-mosquito repellent with them, the insects might still bite them. In such cases dabbing on a small portion of toothpaste onto the bitten area can provide instant relief.
· Campers, who like to take packed food with them rather than prepare fresh meals at the campsite, should use bottles that have been pre-frozen, to keep the food fresh inside their coolers.
· One of the major causes of accidents amongst people camping in Rishikesh or any other place is the campers tripping over the sky lines of the tent. This can be avoided by wrapping a small section of aluminum foil anywhere over the skyline so that it reflects light and makes the campers aware of where to move.
· When lighting a campfire, it is always a good idea to create a border around the fire and place a flat stone or any other flat surface close by where the cooked food can be kept warm for a long time without the fear of accidentally spilling it while moving around the fire.